Monday 19 November 2012

Final preliminary task and evaluation

During the process of making our prelim task, I experimented with filming, editing and directing. I learnt how to film different shots such as match on action and shot reverse shot. Experienced teachers and other group members taught me how to film properly and accurately. Each member of our group got a chance to film the different scenes with the camera. This will help us when we film our final horror opening, as we have more knowledge and understanding of filming.

We used the editing program Final cut on the apple macs to edit our prelim. When using the program I found it difficult knowing where the different controls were, but after a short period of time on the program, I got more confident with it. After using final cut for our prelim, we decided to use final cut to edit our horror opening. This is because the program has many different features which make it easy to work with, such as large range of transitions and a clear layout with useful tools. Using the program when editing the prelim, has given me and my group more understanding and experience with the program. This will make it quicker and easier for our group to edit the opening.

We each had a chance to be the director in the group, so that we had a bigger understanding of the role.  I learnt that being the director is a very difficult but important role, as you have to be in charge of everything, having a good understanding of what you want the actors and crew members to do.

Overall I found the prelim task very fun but mostly helpful. It has given me a better understanding for what the final opening will be like and what me and my group need to accomplish to make it successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment